History

P1010534There has been a school at Ellington since 1837 and the original building is now the village hall. To serve the growing population a new school was constructed in 1976, which soon proved to be too small and remodelling and extension work took place in 1986. It was at this stage that the nursery accommodation was added which facilitated the later provision of an Early Years Unit.

The school now consists of a nursery for children from 3 years, six classrooms in the main building, a hall/dining room and a conference room plus staff room and offices.

P1010532-1There is a large playground and field, which are complemented by a floodlit all weather games area and community lounge. These are used by the school and members of the community.

There are presently seven full time teachers, a Head teacher, a full time higher level teaching assistant and 13 classroom assistants employed by the school. We work together as a team towards whole school aims, objectives and policies. Year group and Key Stage teams plan their work collaboratively.

The school crest, which was designed by a former pupil, depicts the main features of the area and reflects the importance of the school at the heart of the community.